Real Estate Lawyer in Oakville & Area
For most of us, buying or selling a home is very exciting, but it’s also one of the largest financial transactions of our lives. Due to the financial and legal factors involved, if you’re contemplating entering into, or are in the midst of, a real estate transaction, you should consult with a lawyer right away.
Karen L. Byrne, your lawyer in Oakville, has a philosophy that resolves around a few key elements: personalized service, perseverance and a results-driven approach to each matter. She works closely with her clients to protect their rights throughout the legal process, including an outcome that preserves your interests. To schedule an initial legal consultation, contact our Oakville law firm today.
Protecting Your Interests
If you plan to buy your first home, trade up to a larger home or downsize now that your children are on their own, a real estate lawyer in Oakville like Karen L. Byrne can provide you with insight and legal guidance from start to finish.
If you’re a buyer, Karen L. Byrne can:
- Explain the terms of your purchase contract
- Protect you from hidden liabilities with respect to your new home
- Review real estate documents that relate to your title, mortgage and taxes
- Register legal documents pertaining to your real estate transaction
- Attend your closing and address your questions
- Ensure that you possess valid ownership documentation
If you’re a seller, she can:
- Ensure that your purchase and sale agreement terms properly protect your interests
- Deal with any issues that arise with your title
- Assist you during negotiations with the buyer and walk you through your closing
Karen L. Byrne can help you sell your home without a realtor. She will allow you to enter the market with confidence and potentially save you a significant amount of money. As an experienced real estate lawyer, Karen L. Byrne is fully equipped to assist you with an array of property-related legal concerns. To learn more about her real estate services, call Karen today.
Helpful Real Estate Links
If you are buying or mortgaging your home, you might want to check out the Real Simple Real Estate Guide™ from Title Plus® Title Insurance. Karen L. Byrne also invites you to watch The Law Society of Upper Canada’s video on real estate law.
Land Transfer Tax Information
Follow these links to find information regarding land transfer tax:
Her Practical, Hands-On Approach Gets Results
“We felt very at ease and confident in our relationship with Karen. Her practical, hands-on approach and strong competency in the real estate space drove us to work with her on two transactions within the past six years. Thanks for all your guidance and support – it was a big stress reliever.”
– Tara K.